The sale of an existing business will centre on the Contract for sale of the business.
It is vital that the Contract for sale reflects the intentions of the parties and sets out exactly what each party is required to do to give effect to the sale.
The team at Chidiac Legal will assist you with drafting the sale Contract to make sure the Contract protects your interests.
We will assist you with:
- Taking your initial instructions in relation to the sale of your business
- Advising you of those certificates/documents to be annexed to the Contract
- Preparing and submitting the Contract to your listing agent for marketing
- Following receipt of the sales advice, submitting the completed Contract to the purchaser’s solicitor and attending to exchange of Contracts
- Reporting to you in relation to exchange of Contracts
- Furnishing particulars of title and answering requisitions to the purchaser
- If necessary, arrange for a transfer of the existing lease over the premises to the purchaser (including obtaining the lessor’s consent to the transfer
- Arranging for the transfer of the business name, supply contracts, etc. to the purchaser
- Arrange and attending to settlement
- Report to you in relation to your sale settlement.
For more information on how we can be of assistance please contact Richard Chidiac on (02) 9707 3888 or [email protected].